We are looking for a self-motivated Landscape Crew Leader to join our growing Durham NC landscape company. This position is responsible for directing 1-3 crew members in daily operations. The daily activities of this position include, but are not limited to, reading scaled plans, supervising the loading of all necessary materials, driving trucks, trailers and some equipment, preparation of jobsite, layout based on plans provided and coordination & supervision of the installation of plantings, hardscape and mulch. The Crew Leader must possess a high attention to detail and effectively communicate with subordinates, peers and his/her supervisor. It is the Crew Leader’s responsibility to ensure that the crew provides quality service that meets or exceeds our customer’s and management’s expectations. Ideal candidates will possess a friendly, customer service minded attitude and will conduct themselves in a professional manner, and treat all crew members with respect.
Education, training, experience:
– Minimum 2 years experience in landscape installation or a degree in a Horticulture or landscape related field
– Ability to lift 60 lbs. or more consistently throughout the day.
– Available to work a varied schedule in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
– Stoop, stand and bend for 8 hours or more a day.
– Strong knowledge of plant material identification and landscape installation practices.
– Ability to read scaled landscape designs.
– Must have or be able to obtain a valid NC driver’s license with a good record
– Skid loader experience is a plus
– Hardscape experience is a plus
– CPP and ICPI certifications are beneficial
Please respond with a current resume and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants not including resume and references will not be considered.